Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Week 4 Haiku

"We're so close to death,
I've never felt so alive"
Yelled Mila, laughing.

Okay, so it's pretty dark- but all of the inspiration for it came from books and authors I like. While I was trying to come up with a haiku I realized something interesting about a favorite author and two favorite books; they all had some sort of quote like the haiku I chose. I can't think of the exact quotes or even find which page they're on in my books, but the inspiration came from Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coehlo, Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk (actually, this came from the movie they made from the book- they changed the quotes just enough that it made more sense to go by the movie) and a quote from Charles Bukowski. They all pertain to 'never feeling so alive before death', which I find very odd and intriguing at the same time- though I can't necessarily see where they're coming from, it's interesting trying to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment