The poem I chose for this quote-response blog is "We Wear the Mask" by Paul Laurence Dunbar, which can be found on page 698 of our textbooks. I chose this because I found the poem to be rather interesting; overall it's about wearing a "mask", or just pretending to be happy because there's no use in showing struggles or sorrow. The quote I chose is:
"Why should the world be otherwise"
(Dunbar, 698)
I chose this quote because it's the quote that actually states that the world shouldn't be fully of misery and goes into saying that if one isn't happy, one should pretend to be for the sake of the world because there's nothing that can be done about the misery, anyway. I would actually recommend that you at least give a quick glance to this poem; I found it enjoyable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment