Sunday, December 13, 2009
Scene From "O"
I chose a scene I’m sure nearly everybody else has chosen as well; the final scene of the movie. This is when O realizes that he has been lied to and has allowed those lies to greatly influence all of his decisions rather than listen to himself because of the jealousy he was feeling. The slow-motion effect seemed an important technique to me because it added to the dramatic effect already taking place. Also, I thought it was incredibly haunting that the camera showed such an angle of O after he killed himself; this somewhat ties the movie together and makes everything that had happened concrete. It is obvious that the scene is important because it is when realization has taken place and, of course, it being the final scene of the movie has significance in itself. I find it interesting that O was taken over with such doubt and jealousy that he had to go to such extremes to realize that it was all a lie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment